Friday, July 31, 2009

Varalakshmi Vratham

This is practically my first varalakshmi pooja, all by myself. All these years, it was nice and easy. I tagged along with my MIL. Mostly we travelled to chennai thursday night and would land just in time. I would help her with making prasadams and then hog, sleep. Rest would be taken care of.
Yesterday, did good shopping of fruits, flowers (some roses & crysantham boquet), coconuts. My day started early with a fresh bath. Made sakkarai pongal, three types of kozhakatai. I made a few alternations to as to suit su's taste and needs, Vadai, sambhar, Curry. It was quite a job especially racing against time to start before rahu kalam. This is a vratham advised by lord Shiva to Lordess Parvathi. Its believed to bestow all wishes. I have a few wishes that demands immediate attention. I performed it with perfection in my new dress.
Now, I am so tired of doing everything and the eating. It was definitely a hard work. I used almost all utensils in my cabinet. Poor hub, its awful to see him have a nice good meal and get back to doing dishes. Fine, I shall go and give some motivational speach. This is a very important day in my life for another reason too. Next post. Wish you all a Happy Varalakshmi vratham and may the goddess bless us all.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cm chap said...

Nejamava Mee.. Ithu neeya? I'm surprised you know how to make Pongal, Kozhukattai and you knw hw to check Ragu kalam... Above all you remember such a festival exists...

I'm shaking my head in disbelief.. 180 degree change...

August 14, 2009 at 4:33 AM  
Blogger Fishy said...

Hey champ, I even made seedai and mrukku for krishna jayanthi.. and I oven baked it.. I could not stop perumai adichufying about it.. so it demands a blog tooo and will soon come up

August 15, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home