Sunday, July 26, 2009

My worst nightmare..

As its known, this was in the list of my blogs to be made.It takes form today. This happend a couple of weeks ago. I still remember, it was a wednesday, nice crispy sun shine and I was out at ASDA picking up vegetables, home needs and a nice can of grape juice. I was walking back home thinking of all that I have to do for the rest of the evening. Prepare dinner, prayer, put Su to sleep and end my day.
I just turned right into our lane, I saw father and daughter at the apartment main gate. My mind ran a thousand probabilities for such a show. I got a bit closer and Su who would usually jump on, clung to her father. I know something was wrong and took her. Hmm, then everything was clear. I could hardly hold her. She was hot as an iron box.
New parents, big fever, we were frenzied. We spent most of the evening recording temperatures 38.2,39.5,37.6, 39 ,converting to farenheit for our understanding, lying besides her as she would just sleep on (not with) one of us. Parallely reading all possible websites about things to do, home remedies and occassionally debating about taking her to A & E after a few parabolic/open tap puking. It was quite scary. If you agreed with me and nodded your head thinking thats a night mare- hold on. I have not really come to that part.
It went on like that. It was time for dinner. We definitely needed the energy to stay up night and for the worse if any. We ran our fingers through all possible easy options and settled for instant noodles. INSTANT NOODLES not maggi. I had 10 whole packets of maggi vegetable atta noodles left in my cabinet. We had done shopping the previous sunday and I picked up this Nxxu Noodles vegetable flavour. It was a bit expensive than maggi, yet I was quite adventurous.I always felt more the choice, the better.
This one had two small condiments packet unlike maggi. One vegetables and one seasoning. I know I had paid extra and I definitely get more.Followed the instructions to every bit. Boil water, Soak noodles and vegetable, Strain. Heat oil add seasoning add noodles.. mix well and serve. I did mix well and served. It looked tasteless. It smelled like some chinese left over from three days ago. I opted to stay with Su, suggesting my husband to finish dinner. He looked puzzled. I explained. I need to prepare my mind for eating that.
He is quite very accomodative with food. Very accomodative. He came back into the room, fully dressed with his leather coat on. It was about 11.30 pm. He wanted to go out and check if he could grab some ketchup/ sauce or soemthing on those lines to swallow that pan of noodles on my stove. Tough luck.
Then it was my turn. Clock stuck 12.00, it was a new day. I tried to divert my attention to things on TV. Almost all channels had playboy, excetra prefixed with 'S'. Re runs of game shows held in 2000. I ate. It was amazing. As suggested by my dear, I ate that with Bombay Mixture, Maagali kizhangu urugai and loads of thayir. Not even in my worst dreams, I thought I would eat noodles with thayir and urugai. Now, I am so proud to belong to thayir sadam, Maavadu clan. I deserve it all for testing maggi.
Hail Maggi, Hail Thayir. Still the marketing girl in me cant stop appreciating Nxxu for thier effort,bold move against maggi with a price premium for lousy Noodles.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cm chap said...

Ada pavi... Hope you took Su to doctor... BTW, why the name Su?

I can recollect ppl who blamed red chutney, green chutney etc... This is ehy you shd not flick food from others plate.. it comes back with such nightmares...

July 30, 2009 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger Fishy said...

@cm-chap: Why do you think u are now enjoying good food. Its all the puniyam, I forced on you by making you offer food to the meedy.(n).. better be grateful before you get worser night mares

July 31, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home